Saturday, February 04, 2006

Apparently I'm it again.

Ok, so I tried to post this last night. It seemed to work and then it seemed to mysteriously disappear. Weird.


Tag, I'm it.

My friend Donna Jean tagged me, so I'm it. Here are my requisite lists of 3:


Three books I can read over and over:

1) Beloved by Toni Morrison.

"As soon as one strip of husk was down, the rest obeyed and the ear yielded up to him its shy rows, exposed at last. How loose the silk. How quick the jailed up flavor ran free. No matter what all your teeth and wet fingers anticipated, there was no accounting for the way that simple joy could shake you. How loose the silk. How fine and loose and free."

2) The Hidden Connections by Fritjof Capra

"Cognition . . . is the activity involved in the self-generation and self-perpetuation of living networks. In other words, cognition is the very process of life. The organizing activity of living systems, at all levels of life, is mental activity. The interactions of a living organism--plant, animal, or human--with its environment are cognitive interactions. Thus life and cognition are inseparably connected. Mind--or more accurately, mental activity--is immanent in matter at all levels of life."


3) White Boy Shuffle by Paul Beatty

"Kicking off their dime store flip-flops the two badly coiffed bullies marched through the sandbox without a flinch or a grimace. A little diaper clad boy waddled up, blew a kazoo tribunal, and heralded the dyspeptic duo: 'That my sister Fas' Betty and her bestest friend Vamp a Nigger on the Regular Veronica. They fixin' to kicks yall's ass.'"

Three places I've lived:

1) Italy (Naples)
2) Ohio (Dayton and Columbus)
2) California (San Francisco, Palo Alto, Oakland, Redwood City, Mountain View)


Three TV shows I love:


1) Lost
2) Little House on the Prairie
3) Extreme Makeover Home Edition (good lord)


Three highly regarded and recommended TV shows that I've never watched a single minute of:

1) The Office
2) Everybody Hates Chris
3) The Family Guy


Three places I've vacationed:


1) San Juan, Puerto Rico
2) Whistler, British Columbia
3) Aspen, Colorado


Three of my favorite dishes:

1) Mom's spaghetti
2) Zachary's pizza
3) I used to love al pastor burritos with no beans and extra avocado from Taqueria Cancun, but me and the al pastor don't mix it up too much these days


Three sites I visit on the daily:

1) http://www.gmail.com
2) http://donnatroka.blogspot.com
3) http://www.nytimes.com



Three places I would rather be right now:
*(with friends and family!)
1) NYC (in the Bat Cave and Harlem!)
2) Washington, DC
3) Forest Ridge


Three bloggers I am tagging:

1) bomboniera
2) tyrus
3) peaches

4 comments:

Tyrus said...

Tag back!

Tyrus said...

You've NEVER seen the Family Guy?! shocking.

nifamatic said...

I finally saw an episode last week and it was stoopid funny. If I had a TV I'd turn it on for Family Guy. (No tag backs!)

Strength/Courage/Wisdom said...

Hi! Lost is one of the best shows on TV. Might want to take a look at 24 also. Watch Jack Bauer and Tony Almeida save the world! =)

s/c/w