Sunday, February 11, 2007

Good Morning America

I woke up this morning excited about Barack Obama.



For the first time in a long time, since 1992, in fact, I am motivated to participate in politics beyond the ballot box. As an idealistic college student I worked hard on the Clinton Gore campaign Monifa and Al Gore 92 and was thrilled when they won the White House. Since then however, the petty politics of fear and fundamentalism of the Bush era have left me disengaged and disinterested in politics as usual. I vote in every election and I always have an opinion about what's good for the country but I'm inspired this morning to move beyond coffee table conversations and my own single vote. I want to be a part of this movement to move a man of vision into the White House. I want to engage in this national conversation to bring sane and well-reasoned hope to Washington. Good morning America. I am glad to be here.

1 comment:

Tyrus said...

As a true queen, i'm excited about Michelle Obama! But because it's politics I try to restrain myself.