Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Pillowfight!!

I LOVE San Francisco. Tonight I attended my first flash mob, and oh it was a good one! Someone somewhere had the brilliant idea to send around an email yesterday telling folks to gather at Justin Herman Plaza at 5:45 pm and to come armed. My boy Kei forwarded it to me, much to my delight.

When the clock on the Ferry Building struck 6:00 pm, people unleashed a primal battle cry and pulled pillows out of knap sacks and from under jackets and charged into the center of the plaza for a 4000 person pillow fight! And it rocked!! I swam in and out of the melee over and over swinging the $1.99 pillow I picked up from the Walgreen's, squealing in delight and knocking people over the head. I pulled out of the crowd to catch my breath and snap a few pictures with me cell phone. Then I waded back into the sweaty cloud of hippies, businessmen, Japanese art students and feathers to do it all over again. It was like a stinky dream sequence. I loved every second of it!

This just in:

Video footage from Kei throwing blows in the heart of it all. More accurately, Kei was just spinning about, camera held high, while the blows of fluffy love showered down upon him. PILLOWFIGHT!!!

4 comments:

ohmygowda said...

I'm still digging feathers out of my nose.

Frickin' awesome.

nifamatic said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
nifamatic said...

Ok indie rocker, when exactly was the last time you attended a spontaneous 4000-person pillow fight? Uh huh, I thought so.

(So glad to be back!)

Anonymous said...

This blog is fantastic; is very interesting and is really good written. It’s just great!! Do you want to know something more? Read it... Glass Bongs and Bong featuring Herbal Smoke, water bongs, bongs online head shop, Marijuana Alternative,glass water bongs, Hashish, Ganja, homemade bongs, Smokeshop, cannibis, legal smoking alternatives for herbal highs and aphrodisia. http://www.headshopinternational.com