Monday, August 08, 2005

By the Time I get to Arizona

Ok so Phoenix is naught but NASCAR and new construction. But Sedona, is something different all together. It's a veritable vortex of red rock, new age spiritualists, Christian churches, and egg shaped houses. And Jeep tours. Don't forget the Pink Jeep Tours.

Marlene, Alonzo and I are staying at a brand spanking new swank hotel called the Moulin Rouge. There are can-can dancers and surreal moments that look eerily like the surreal moments in Strictly Ballroom. I mean, wait, it's call the Sedona Rouge. It opened on June 10 and this weekend it's only 14% occupied. Translation: the sheets are still clean and the pillows are still fluffy. I'm walking around our room in my bare feet and I'm not getting that icky, "Eww, who's fluids are in this fluffy carpet?" feeling.

Yesterday I had an Ayurvedic wrap followed by a shea butter massage a the spa. Damn that was tasty. It was like being wrapped in sheets that had been soaked in steaming hot herbal tea and then, well, being massaged with shea butter. This is the life. Clearly I was born to lounge at four star resorts (only brand new ones) and pay people to rub me. Arizona is so much better than Public Enemy let on!

No comments: